Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!
- Elise at Liberty’s Spirit has a new piece up at the Times of Israel, The Season of Freedom and Special Needs Parenting
- Debra Heine of Nice Deb has a new piece up at Breitbart, Sebelius’ Shameful Legacy
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Black Soul that Inhabits John Kerry (Updated)
- The Independent Sentinel – Barack Obama’s Ideological Assault on Traditional America
- Simply Jews – Bay Area anarchists leave Marx standing in the dust Part I: redefining “parasite”
- Joshuapundit–An Honor Killing On Campus
- The Noisy Room – Last Man Standing – Federal Fascism Cowboys Up In Nevada
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Wrong Enemy
- Ask Marion – We the People… The Wind Has Shifted
- Bookworm Room – A revolutionary idea to win the White House and save the world
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The real concern regarding the right to vote
- Rhymes With Right – Brandeis University Caves To Muslims
- Nice Deb – Sick: Eric Holder Plays Race Card at Sharpton Event (Video)
- The Glittering Eye –Where To Begin?
- VA Right! – Shaun Kenney and Bearing Drift Drop Anchor in Eric Cantor’s Treasure Chest
- The Razor – There Should Be A Word
- The Right Planet – The Soviet Anschluss
- Midknight Review – Is Michigan Basketball, Obama’s team because (in part) of the anger of its 1992 and 1993 teams? (Updated)
- The Pirate’s Cove – Happy Tax Day! 72% Of Individual Filer Taxes Paid By Those Earning $100k Plus
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Iranian U.N. Rep denied visa — will it stick?
- Daniel Nisman/WSJ – Chemical Assad submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mark Steyn –The Wretched Jelly-Spined Nothing Eunichs submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Elder of Ziyon – A fun Twitter conversation with a terror apologist/anti-Israel leftist (updated) submitted by Simply Jews
- Mark Steyn –The First Amendment is Not an Area submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sipsey Street Irregulars – Courage is contagious, defiance is contagious, victory is contagious. The huge win in the desert at the Bundy Ranch. submitted by Joshuapundit
- Center For A New American Security – If Deterrence Fails: Rethinking Conflict on the Korean Peninsula submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Liberal Backwards Think –Captain America and the New World Order submitted by Ask Marion
- Victor Davis Hanson–Our psychodramatic campuses submitted by Bookworm Room
- The First Street Journal – Media Bias: The professional media are attempting to normalize transexualism submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Discriminations – Identity, Rights, Politics: Group Or Individual? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- PowerLine –Reid and Schumer took Koch money: submitted by Nice Deb
- Francis Wilkinson/Bloomberg – Why Are Liberal Cities Bad for Blacks? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- PJ Media – BANANA REPUBLICANS: New Head Of Virginia GOP on Eric Cantor’s Payroll submitted by VA Right!
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali/WSJ –Here’s What I Would Have Said at Brandeis submitted by The Razor
- The Federalist – Is President Obama Appalled By Claire Shipman, Too? submitted by The Right Planet
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – The Influence Merchants of Venice submitted by The Watcher
- Adam Kredo/Washington Free Beacon – Inside the White House’s Secret Campaign to Scapegoat Israel submitted by Watcher