Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, your weekly magazine featuring some of the very best writing in the blogosphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing here on Friday.
Now, why exactly would I call this the UnOlympics edition? To find out the answer to that question, you’ll have to journey here.I promise it will be worth the detour.
This week, Ask Marion, Right Truth , Liberty’s Spirit Against All Enemies and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some outstanding and informative pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then, simply return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it appears here on Wednesdays.
Nothing could be simpler!
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s take a look and see what goodies we have this week….
- Joshuapundit–Nobody Else Made It Happen, Mr. President
- The Noisy Room – Dancing on the Global Fiscal Cliff
- The Political Commentator – Just this once, OWS may actually have a point!
- The Independent Sentinel – The U.N. Wants the Rights to Your Child in the Form of a Treaty
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Romney’s right, but will it hurt him?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Immoral Drones
- The Right Planet – Applying Jujitsu
- The Mellow Jihadi – Connor: Cub Scout, United States Sailor
- The Glittering Eye –As Goes Scranton
- Rhymes With Right – What Romney Needs To Do In Response To Obamunist Felony Rhetoric
- Ask Marion – Why Do They Want Us Disarmed?
- Against All Enemies – The Presbyterian Church (USA): What Progressive Christianity Looks Like
- Liberty’s Spirit – Class Warfare Rears Its Ugly Head: There is No Hope in Hate
- The Pirate’s Cove – GOP Effectively Kills Law Of The Sea Treaty
- Bret Stephens/Commentary – Born on the Fourth of June submitted by Joshuapundit
- Doug Giles –I’ll Take a Mormon Over a Marxist Anyday submitted by The Noisy Room
- Israel Matsav – Even the Israeli socialists never said anything like this submitted by Simply Jew
- Sultan Knish –The United States of Guilt submitted by The Political Commentator
- National Review Online – Farewell, Welfare Reform submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Buckhorn Road – Gutting Prop 13: Going after the symptoms instead of the cure submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Abu Muqawama – When to declare victory against al Qaeda? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- American Thinker – Is Obama Ripping Off the Mask? submitted by The Right Planet
- Via Meadia–Israel’s emergency as energy superpower making waves submitted by Bookworm Room
- Thomas Sowell/NRO – Perpetuating Obama’s Tax-Cut Lies submitted by VA Right!
- Tin And Phoenix–The Military-Civilian Divide submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Magazine –Living With Savages submitted by The Razor
- AEIdeas –Paul Ryan rips Obama’s comment that ‘if you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen’ submitted by Gay Patriot
- KausFiles – Will Obama Get Away With It? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- PJ Tatler – If a Conservative Speaks in the Forest… submitted by Rhymes with Right